Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net

[RevShare] Balance: Sailing Survival Game Looking for Collaborators

Started by Toushif Sep 13 at 7:00 AM 1 replies 300+ views
Original Post
Toushif
Toushif

BALANCE A Sailing Survival Game

A ship. A crew. The sea decides.

I'm Toushif Reza, working with Ayzron Studio, and I'm currently looking for a few collaborators to build BALANCE, a small single-player sailing-survival / ship-management game in Unity.

This isn't just an idea I'm looking for people to brainstorm around. I've already built out the game's prototype foundation and design direction.

🎮 About the Game

BALANCE is about preparation, tradeoffs, crew management, and surviving unexpected problems.

The ship is the interface.
The crew are the tools.
The sea creates the problems.
You keep everything working.

The player prepares a ship, chooses their crew and equipment, sails into uncertain conditions, and reacts when things start going wrong.

The intended first experience is roughly a 20-minute voyage.

Core gameplay

Prepare → Sail → React → Manage → Recover → Continue

For example:

Storm → Hull damage → Water enters → Weight increases → Ship becomes unstable → Cargo shifts → Correct crew member is needed → Equipment is required for repair

The idea is for problems to cascade through the ship, rather than simply being health-bar damage.

🛠️ Current Prototype Scope

The first prototype is intentionally small:

  • One ship

  • One voyage

  • Crew management

  • Food / water

  • Weight & stability

  • Navigation

  • One storm

  • Physical hull damage / leak

  • Fixer + required equipment

  • Basic repair

  • Ship cross-section/interface

  • Optional discovery if the core loop is working

The priority is:

Make one storm memorable before making the world large.

The project is planned for PC/browser using Unity WebGL, with itch.io as the initial distribution platform.

👥 Looking For

I'm mainly interested in:

  • 🎨 2D / 3D Artist

  • 💻 Unity Programmer

  • 🖥️ UI/UX Artist

  • 🎵 Composer / Sound Designer

  • ✨ Animator / VFX Artist

  • 🎮 Game Designer

  • 🧪 QA / Playtester

You don't have to be highly experienced.

What matters more is reliability, communication, and actually finishing the work you agree to do.

💰 Revenue Share

This is a revenue-share project.

There is currently no guaranteed upfront payment.

Contributors will receive an agreed percentage of the project's distributable revenue. The exact percentage will be discussed and agreed upon before serious production begins.

If the game makes ₹0, the revenue share is ₹0.

The agreement will cover things such as:

  • Revenue percentages

  • Credits

  • IP ownership

  • Contributor rights

  • Approved project expenses

  • Revenue calculations

  • What happens if someone leaves

  • Payouts

I want this to be a collaboration where everyone knows what they're agreeing to.

🤝 Who I'm Looking For

I'm not trying to build a 30-person team.

I'd rather have 3–5 reliable people who actually finish something.

If you're interested, please reply with:

Role:
Experience:
Portfolio / previous work:
Availability:
What interests you about BALANCE:

If you're an artist, programmer, composer, designer, etc. and genuinely want to ship a small game rather than just join another unfinished project, I'd love to hear from you.

Let's make the ship sail. ⚓

— Toushif Reza

collinb0607
collinb0607

Hi Toushif, my name is Collin. I am a software engineer from NJ aspiring to become a game dev.

Role: Unity Programmer
Experience: I have 3 years professional experience and countless hours of experience in Unity with personal projects and C# scripting.
Portfolio / previous work: My public portfolio exists at collinbrooks.com, but would be happy to show you some things I am currently working on.
Availability: I am available most days 10am-8pm Eastern Time (New York City)
What interests you about BALANCE: I love playing progressive survival games and the reactive nature of this game is really interesting. I bet it would be a lot of fun designing a progression/upgrade system after each voyage and punishment systems when the player doesn’t do what they’re supposed to. I would love to hear/see more about this game!

shummirc
shummirc

A sailing survival game sounds like an interesting project, especially with the focus on collaboration and building something together. I always find it interesting to see how different game projects approach progression and player rewards. For RPGs, I sometimes check Hero Wars Coupons at ReeCoupons when looking for available game-related offers.

Sign in to reply to this topic.