Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net

Revisiting Digging Deep, an Android arcade game first released in 2014

Started by BitrealmsStudio Monday at 6:10 PM 0 replies 100+ views
Original Post
BitrealmsStudio
BitrealmsStudio
Digging Deep cover artwork

Hi everyone. I'm Niklas, the developer behind Bitrealms Studio. I've been returning to Digging Deep, an Android game first released in 2014.

It's a tap-to-dig arcade game built around short runs. You break blocks, avoid hazards and collect diamonds and treasures. Digging mode is against the clock, while Survival has rising lava. Between runs, diamonds buy upgrades so you can push a little deeper.

I've kept that simple loop while refreshing the presentation and getting the Google Play leaderboards and achievements working again. Returning to an old mobile project has involved a fair bit of store and platform maintenance too.

The game is free on Android and contains ads:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BitrealmsStudio.DiggingDeep

I'd appreciate feedback on the first run. Are the hazards and pickups readable, and is it clear what each mode asks you to do? I'd also like to hear from anyone else who has returned to a much older mobile project.

Here's the current gameplay trailer:
https://youtu.be/aU_yLui7XUk

More screenshots: https://bitrealmsstudio.com/

Sign in to reply to this topic.