Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net

Only 24 Steam wishlists before an October launch: what should I prioritize?

Started by frog175 Oct 4 at 3:46 AM 2 replies 400+ views
Original Post
frog175
frog175

I'm making a roguelike card game and aiming to release this October. I currently have only 24 Steam wishlists, and I don't have a playable demo.

With limited time before launch, what would you prioritize to reach players who enjoy deckbuilders: improving the store page, sharing short gameplay clips, or contacting small creators? What would you measure to tell whether an approach is actually bringing interested players?

Tom Sloper
Tom Sloper

A playable demo has to be your first priority. And you should test and adjust it yourself before showing to others.

-- Tom Sloper    --      sloperama.com
Riccardo Rivera
Riccardo Rivera

You should delay the launch. I agree with Tom sloper, the demo should be your priority. As you work on it, start marketing with Youtube videos, dev logs etc. You need to build a strong community as soon as possible. Contact small creators and have them play the game some time before the official launch. Target creators that are relevant to your game (card games).

Sign in to reply to this topic.