I’m continuing to rebuild the level editor for Castles Keeper, my old 3D adventure game originally known as Azangara.
The latest addition is a real-time lighting preview for room editing. I can now place wall, ceiling, floor, and model-free light sources, then adjust their color, range, offset, and position while immediately seeing an approximation of the result.
The preview uses vertex lighting with distance falloff, surface normals, ambient light, and simplified wall occlusion. It isn’t intended to replace the game’s baked lighting—it provides fast visual feedback while decorating a room.
Here is a short demonstration:
🎥 Watch the editor lighting demo on YouTube
You can also try the game:
🌐 Play the Web version
📱 Get the Android version on Google Play
I’d really appreciate your feedback:
Is the lighting workflow clear from the video?
Does the approximation look useful enough for level design?
Which editor feature would you expect me to add next?
Thanks for checking it out!
