Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🤖 Godot

GameMaker programmer needed.

Started by JakeRiley Today at 12:23 AM 0 replies 25+ views
Original Post
JakeRiley
JakeRiley

I'm looking for a GameMaker programmer to work on the code for my game's demo. I'll introduce my game and send the design doc through email to anyone who's interested.

This will be a paid position, but my current pitiful income only allows me to pay so much. And I don't think I should crowdfund a game that doesn't even have a demo out yet. So don't expect full time level payment for this.

I will pay my programmer $100 a month, at the end of each month. Maybe a little more depending on the month. This will start at the end of the first full month after work begins. For example, if I get someone this month in October, I'll give the first payment at the end of November. However, I will only give payment if whoever I choose consistently works on the code each month. I've looked for completely free help before, and everyone who agreed consistently never ended up doing anything.

So, if you use GameMaker, have a good bit of free time, and are wanting to make a little extra money on the side, then please consider this. Other than being willing to do code work for that amount of payment, here's some more requirements:

  • Obviously, you need to already use GameMaker and be pretty good at its programming language, GML. I don't think that's a big problem here.

  • You need to have actually made something using GameMaker, and you should show me your prior games when contacting me.

  • You should be able to easily read and build off of someone else's code.

  • I'll be giving payments through PayPal, so you need to have an account.

  • You need to have a GitHub account so you can access the game's GitHub repository.

And that's it, I think. If you're interested, please email me and show me your previous games. My email address is jakerileygamedev@proton.me.

After finishing the demo, you can choose whether or not you want to continue working on the full game. Hopefully after that point I'd be able to give more substantial payment.

Sign in to reply to this topic.