Original Post
Later this year I am going to be buying and running my own web server, and I want to create some services for my users.
One service is going to be free web based chat. and Another thing will be an "online artificial intelligence world".
I was just curious to the design of a good server. I am wanting to have multiple clients connected, and I want the server to be able to handle multiple requests.
For example, for my chat, I want to have multiple rooms, which shouldnt be too much of a problem.
Another example, for my A.I. world, the people will get to upload a "creature" they have designed into an artificial environment, and then watch how it interacts with other creatures and random happenings. So they''ll be able to monitor the world in real time.
This is just a request for any advice on designing a good server to handle multiple clients all doing different things. would it be better to fork the process so each client gets its own process to handle their requests?
Are there any security concerns I need to worry abot when designing my server [and client] programs?