Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

VC link error

Started by Yang Feb 5, 2002 at 12:59 PM 2 replies 550+ views
Original Post
Yang
Yang
When I do this: DirectInput8Create(GetModuleHandle(NULL), DIRECTINPUT_VERSION, IID_IDirectInput8A , (void**)&g_lpDI, NULL); it gives me the following error message: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput8A fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Why?? I am new to VC++ 6.0, thanks.
WildWest
WildWest
I think you have to add the DX8 *.lib-files to your project settings. When I remember it correctly it is Project/Setting... and than choose the "Linker" card. There you have to add the *.lib files.



The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
samosa
samosa
hi, i have finished coding my first DirectX program, and there were alot of errors, i fixed most of them but i am stumped on the last one, if anyone can help it would be appreciated

LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16



,Matt

-= kill one your a murderer, kill thousands your a conquerer =-
-= kill one you're a murderer, kill thousands you're a conquerer =-

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.