Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Dev-C++ or VC++?

Started by GarlandIX Feb 15, 2002 at 11:24 AM 3 replies 600+ views
Original Post
GarlandIX
GarlandIX
I have been using Dev-C++ for awhile now, but I just bought Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus and it comes with Visual C++ 6 Introductory edition, so I was wondering which one is better?
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.
LessBread
LessBread
Better is subjective :-) Try out VC++ for a while and decide for yourself.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
GarlandIX
GarlandIX
Thanks.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Dev-C++ is much better than Intro edition. Now, if you have the cash to purchase one of the other editions of VC, VC would be much nicer.


I was just wondering which edition would be nicer and How?
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.
DarkenMerlin
DarkenMerlin
I personally prefer Borland over VC
To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god.- Napoleon Bonaparte

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.