Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Best Low-Poly modeler

Started by MaxPoly Feb 25, 2000 at 10:34 AM 1 replies 700+ views
Original Post
MaxPoly
MaxPoly
Hi All. I''m trying to find the best low-poly modeler. How nicely it renders is unimportant because the models will be rendered in my game. I really want a simple cheap program that gives me control over strips and fans and UV coordinates. It also needs to be able to export the data to something I can parse easily. Does anyone know a good tool/solution? Thanks in advance MaxPoly
Spellbound
Spellbound
I know of two modelers:

Blender, Basic features for free. You can pay some money a get more features as you like. (I haven't had the time to try this one yet but it looks impressive)

MilkShape 3D. This is what most people in the FPS mod community talk about right now. It doesn't cost very much, only $20.




Edited by - Spellbound on 2/25/00 10:48:38 AM
MaxPoly
MaxPoly
Thanks.

MilkShape look like it will do the trick! :-)

I''ve tried Blender. The interface cripples my mind. It should be a crime.

Late
MaX

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.