Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

DirectPlay instances

Started by Spiff Mar 3, 2000 at 2:58 AM 0 replies 1k views
Original Post
Spiff
Spiff
I''ve created a small DirectPlay chat program, but it seems DirectPlay is a bad choise when programming chat clients because: 1. You can only join one session 2. You can''t enumerate sessions while in one 3. If you create another instance to get past the first two problems and you get another GUID, you can''t enumerate the previous ones Does anyone have a solution to this? Is it even possible to create multiple instances of a DirectPlay interface with the same GUID? ============================ Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design "I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.