Original Post
I''m not interesting in MAKING my own games - yet. Nor am I interested in learning a programming langauge, unless it''s REALLY easy to learn.
I want to put my own characters into existing games that I rightfully bought (not an emulator, not a burned CD), but to start off since I am a beginner, I first want to use existing characters, edit them to the game''s requirements, and add them to a game. I don''t have the right software of knowledge to create 3D models, so I''m talking about 2D games and characters.
For example, I would like to take the animtions of Jazz Jackrabbit from Jazz Jackrabbit 2, edit them, and put that character into Hunter Hunted. I also want to put Sonic in Jazz 2, and Jazz Jackrabbit (from the 3D bonus stages of Jazz 1) in Duke Nukem 3D.
So my first question is: Is there any way to make new characters for games that don''t have an editor that lets you do that? I''m betting that if the answer is YES, than it''s still not something a newbie like myself can possibly do. You must need to hack the code or something like that.
Next question: Is there a program that allows you to get the animations from a character from a game, and allow you to view them (frame by frame and moving) and edit them?
So, can I be helped? I do love to draw and I want to learn animation and game dev courses at college, but until then I would love to be creative and play my favourite 2D PC games with new characters.
Thanks for reading.