Welcome to the new GameDev.net!

Started by
156 comments, last by khawk 4 years, 4 months ago

You will need to verify your email when you login, but once in take a look around and let me know what you think.

There are a few bugs across the site, images aren't loading in some areas, but it's all being worked on - just came across a bug in the editor actually.

Curious why and what's new? Check it out at: https://www.gamedev.net/blogs/entry/2268283-a-new-gamedev-coming-soon/

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement

Looks fresh. Smells like wet paint and drying concrete :-) Some cable ends not yet connected, some rotating doors still stuck, some counters not yet serviced ...

Seriously, nice transition, well done, and i think i will like it.

Nice job! I switched to the dark scheme. I think I can get used to it. The feature list looks definitely good. Let's try one...

~~~ cpp

markdown = true

~~~

Maybe I am blind, but I am missing a preview button...

Another thing that I came across: What are "pixels" in the home tab when you go to settings?

Greetings

Well... and I can't edit my post :D ... Guess you will have some busy weeks coming up. ;)

These guys are being kind. I especially like the disabled bit where you can not confirm subscription cancellation. Hard to believe you didn't do that on purpose. I don't think you're stupid, but I do believe you lie. Hell, I've found that over half of those here lie about what they are capable of doing. Just confirmed another recently on a side project. Sometimes it's so obvious, it's becomming a game of 'wack a fake'. I'll leave it at that. <strike>Still lov' you guys and hope to continue to hang out, but </strike>not one of your better roll outs. Honesty seemed fair here being a paid member. Still I always enjoy transition because of reveal. :) I can confirm I have not seen an ad yet for the very first time since enrollment. so that was nice. Look. You have to understand, the ads have been pushed on GDNet+ all the way up to this point. Something we were paying not to see. I let that slide, now I have to go through my personal material and fix the formatting again among project and blog entries. No, you do this every iteration. so, frustration forces to toss to the 'wack a fake' pile.

edit: Always seem to catch the hickup... Text editor does seem better. A bit more snappy was just felt. When the user images resolved I could see again :) Sometimes I wonder why I try to be nice to oblivious, I mean really, why bother... (text editor is still borked on multi-edit (stacked editor header currently 7 headers deep on top of actual))

I havn't had this much fun in a while. pfft.. boo.

edit2: came back to check you after the settling in. Still garbage. We're done. Thanks for the good time and no that's not a piece of chocolate on your pillow.

I know there is no going back, but truthfully, I liked the option of down voting all the way to Hades and my bubble was popped when we only got to -8. Seriously, no one caught the stuff on that two page rollout fix log during testing. oh, the problems occurred during intergration? whatever. don't care.

Look, here's the bottom line. I was a paying customer. I was using this service and linking outside. You broke the service, I'm complaining. Get over it. Now, come day after tomorrow, that changes. My subscription expires, at which point I'll shut the f up and move on.

Don't want to spam, but since some features are not working yet:

Should we create a thread to collect all problems we are encountering so far?

Also there is some problem that I'd rather send you via personal message since it shouldn't be posted officially, but I can't send a message :(

Greetings

DerTroll said:
Well... and I can't edit my post :D ... Guess you will have some busy weeks coming up. ;)

That option should be available if you click the three dots in the upper right of a post?

Preview should be live within the editor as you type.

- Jason Astle-Adams

MarkK. said:

These guys are being kind. I especially like the disabled bit where you can not confirm cancellation. I'll leave it at that. Still lov' you guys and hope to continue to hang out, but not one of your better roll outs. Honesty seemed fair here being a paid member.

@MarkK. I'm not sure what you mean for confirm cancellation? Is something disabled? Let me know so I can take a look.

Admin for GameDev.net.

So, i just liked the opening post. Before it showed a counter of -8 and after being liked -7.

Might it be that "cancel" and "save" buttons are still missing while editing a post ?

Oh, and i can like my own post (which i just did). That's probably not as intended :-) ?

Green_Baron said:

So, i just liked the opening post. Before it showed a counter of -8 and after being liked -7.

Might it be that "cancel" and "save" buttons are still missing while editing a post ?

Oh, and i can like my own post (which i just did). That's probably not as intended :-) ?

Yeah fixing that with voting now. :)

Cancel and save buttons are below the editing form (or should be). If they're not, that's a bug!

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement