Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Shadows

Started by RandomJon May 2, 2000 at 7:02 PM 13 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
RandomJon
RandomJon
Check out my web site for a method of doing shadows. There is a demonstration prog with source code and please give me some feedback as to what you think... The address is http://www.randomjon.redhotant.com
Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback
Quocain
Quocain
very very nice!
RandomJon
RandomJon
I want this to be near the top, I need feedback on my prog, sorry for the irrelevant posts...
The source code is in the prog too so you can all havea a look...

Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback
RandomJon
RandomJon
Yeah sorry about that...
I really should put some requirments up on the site.
It will run fine on all cards with a hardware stencil buffer ie TNT etc (basically Nvidia cards)
if you shrink the window down real small I''m told it runs quite well....
Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback
RandomJon
RandomJon
Thanks to everyone who has visited my site, but I ahven''t had much feedback....
also I could do with someone to look through my really messy program code and try and clean it up.
I''m also in the middle of writing a tutorial (well just started (well going to start soon)) for a bit of the shadow stuff I ahve done how much interest does everyone have for that?

Check out my shadows page
and send me some feedback
Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback
max621
max621
I sure would like to see how shadows are to be done in OpenGL =)
||--------------------------||Black Hole Productionshttp://bhp.nydus.netResident expert on stuffmax621@barrysworld.com||--------------------------||
RandomJon
RandomJon
check my program out, the source is there and if you have any problems just e-mail me...

Check out my shadows page
and send me some feedback
Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback
RandomJon
RandomJon
oh and I forgot, I''m going to write a tutorial on how to draw shadows, but it''ll have to wait until after I''ve done the presentation for my dissertation...

Check out my shadows page
and send me some feedback
Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback
RandomHippo
RandomHippo
I like your shadows RandomJon, they are quite spectacular an realistic. Could you apply this shadow to technique to any arbitraty object, say some terrain for example??
RandomHippo
RandomHippo
I like your shadows RandomJon, they are quite spectacular an realistic. Could you apply this shadow to technique to any arbitrary object, say some terrain for example??
RandomJon
RandomJon
I guess so, if the terrain was built up of planar objects, say triangles or triangular strips...

Do you know of anyone who can do that kind of stuff RandomHippo?

Check out my shadows page
and send me some feedback
Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback
RandomHippo
RandomHippo
Well as a matter of fact I have experience of terrain generation using triangle strips. You might be interested in a message I have just posted titled ''terrain generation''.
RandomJon
RandomJon
When I''ve finished all my other work I may want some help developing shadows more in respect to a few ideas I had, anyone out there expert at c++ and maintaining variable sized arrays? or even ones where you don''t know the starting size??
I am actually trying to write a realtime scripting language, like for raytracing, so that a lot of cool stuff can be drawn but the programmer only has to enter a simple script the program generates output and voila real time (almost) ray tracing...
Any help greatly appreciated...

Check out my shadows page
and send me some feedback
Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.