Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Private human spaceflight project revealed

Started by Jesper T Apr 22, 2003 at 1:39 PM 8 replies 2.3k views
bishop_pass
bishop_pass
Until orbit is achieved at low cost, everything else is just a gimmick, in my opinion.

___________________________________

"The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man" - Winston Churchill
_______________________________
"To understand the horse you'll find that you're going to be working on yourself. The horse will give you the answers and he will question you to see if you are sure or not."
- Ray Hunt, in
Jesper T
Jesper T
Yeah, got a little disappointed when I read that they were only goin up for thirty minutes, but still, when that is done, achieving orbit is one big step closer.
owl
owl
Wow, I think these are good news.

I wonder how much more time will pass until we advance from the rocket-stage into something a little more advanced...
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
smiley4
smiley4
Well, maybe we already have it in the form of an air cleaner. (Maybe not, but it''s a shot.) You know what I''m talking about right? Those info-mercals with the Positronic air cleaner may have something if they can do the same thing with antimatter.
Now I shall systematicly disimboule you with a .... Click here for Project Anime
owl
owl
quote:
Original post by smiley4
You know what I''m talking about right?


not a single clue...
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Little Jerry
Little Jerry
I know what your talkin about smiley.

Hey XAXA, I can't wait to get out of the rocket stage too. Thats when flying to space will be plausible for the consumer market. The fuel is too expensive.

Anyone got any predictions for whats next?

[edited by - Little Jerry on April 22, 2003 3:52:11 PM]
template
template
I reckon if a lot of people took similar actions to John Carmack and Armadillo Aerospace space flight for normal people will be much more of a reality.
owl
owl
quote:
Original post by Little Jerry
The fuel is too expensive.


And too heavy to lift!
I would like to know what happened to that cientist that said he found a way to repel gravity. The last I heard is that the Boening hired him to keep the research indoors.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
jake_speed
jake_speed
quote:
Original post by Little Jerry
The fuel is too expensive.
Anyone got any predictions for whats next?




Quantum ramjet.

related papers:
"Propusion Requirements for a Quantum Interstellar Ramjet" (JBIS. Vol. 33. 1980)
"Investigation of a quantum ramjet for interstellar flight" (AIAA Preprint 81-1534, 1981).
"Extracting electrical energy from the vacuum by cohesion of charged foliated conductors, "Physical Review, Vol. 30B, pp. 1700-1702, August 15, 1984

(from the acknowledgements in The Songs of Distant Earth by Arthur C. Clarke)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.