Original Post
S''up everybody?
I was wondering if anybody had some good ideas for a fighting game. I''m not making one or anything, but I feel as though it''s a genre that has stagnated a little more then others. Not to say there hasn''t been any inavations, just not as much as other types of games.
Here''s one of mine:
More Reactive Enviroments
What''s one thing that all quality fight scene corieography has in common now a days? The enviroment''s involved. Look at Jacky Chan movies. I think this makes movie fight scene much more interesting. So why not include it into a game.
Imagine a bar-room stage. A player gets knocked into the air, landing on a table. The table breaks in a half, and the other player grabs a leg as a melee weapon. The knocked down player rolls across the ground jumps up on the bar, grabs a bottle and throughs it at the table leg wielder. Then jumps off the bar swings from a hanging light landing a kick square to the chest. The leg wielder is knocked through the window and out into the street (DoA style).
That''s just an example, but more reactive enviroments could provide better replay. Greater varations could be experienced within a stage.
I know some games have this kind of thing (DoA, Power Gems or whatever it was called for the DreamCast), but not to the extent I''m talking about.
Willing to die
For everything that we build
The Battleground we call turf
Where haters come to be killed