Original Post
I''m new here and would like to start off by saying hi to everyone. I''m a senior in high school and plan on majoring in Computer Science at NJIT when I graduate. Hopefully, after that, I''ll eventually go on to a career in game development. I''ve always had an interest in computers, video games, and programming, but have only now started to seriously learn how to program. I''ve tried to learn the fundamentals of programming, primarily through Beginning Programming for Dummies and internet tutorials. I know some BASIC, but hardly enough to get by. Right now I''m trying to learn Java and some Internet coding (i.e. HTML, XML, javascript, Flash, etc.). If all goes to plan I''ll have a class in it in January, which I desperately need. To get to the point of this post, after learning Java I''d like to get aquainted w/ C/C++. I''m just curious, how does C++ compare to C# (I''ve tried to figure it out from the much researching I''ve been doing on programming.)? From what I''ve read, it seems C# is Microsoft''s answer to Java. More importanly, would it make sense to create games in C# or should we just all stick to C++ primarly? Phew! Sorry about the long post. Just wanted to get that all out.