Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Bug in AngelScript 1.8.0a?

Started by Dentoid Jul 15, 2004 at 4:28 PM 1 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
Dentoid
Dentoid
Hi I've had some crashes in as_compiler_expressions.cpp:1752 The line looks like this: desc = builder->module->scriptFunctions[funcs[n]]; This gave an out of range index. Changing it to this cured my problems: desc = builder->module->scriptFunctions[funcs[n]-builder->module->moduleID]; I can't really give a very good bugreport or anything since I haven't had time to explore things thoroughly. Hope it's of some use. :) /Anders Stenberg
WitchLord
WitchLord
It's a bug alright. Thanks for letting me know. Actually the bug is related to the one I already fixed with 1.8.0a, though in another location.

bug fix:

Exchange lines 1748 - 1752:

asCScriptFunction *desc;if( funcs[n] < 0 )  desc = builder->engine->systemFunctions[-funcs[n] - 1];else  desc = builder->module->scriptFunctions[funcs[n]];


for

asCScriptFunction *desc = builder->GetFunctionDescription(funcs[n]);


Your fix also works. But only for this version where there is no connection between modules.

I'll upload a new version as soon as possible. Sorry about any inconveniance caused by the buggy release.

Regards,
Andreas
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel
Dentoid
Dentoid
Quote:
Original post by WitchLord
Your fix also works. But only for this version where there is no connection between modules.


Yeah, I guessed so but didn't have time to figure out a proper fix. :)

Thanks anyway.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.