Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

C# app, need help!

Started by Sagar_Indurkhya Oct 9, 2004 at 6:12 PM 3 replies 550+ views
Original Post
Sagar_Indurkhya
Sagar_Indurkhya
I am making an internet bot using C#. I have the url of a website. How can I get the source of the website? Any pointers are appreciated!
Mykre
Mykre
Have a look at codeguru.com, codeproject.com, or csharpcorner.com

There is an example on one of those sites. Thinkit's codeproject but can not remember.
Sagar_Indurkhya
Sagar_Indurkhya
I looked at all three. CSharpCorner seems to have disappeared. At CodeProject, I found two examples, but they both use ASP.NET. Does anyone know of a good way using just the .NET Framework? Thanx!
Rahven
Rahven
Take a look the documentation for System.Net.WebClient very easy to use.

System.Net.WebClient client = new System.Net.WebClient();string html = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetString(client.DownloadData("http://www.gamedev.net"));

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.