Original Post
Hi everybody! I just thought it would be polite to introduce myself: I am 19 years old and live in Germany. I have been doing the HTML thing since I was 13 and programming with Java since I was 14. Unfortunately I have never crossed the step from beginner to advanced. I just kept looking around for different technologies and programming languages. I have coded some small programs in Cobol, C, C++, Eiffel, Python, PERL, Visual Basic, and even Assembler. The problem is, I only have small knowledge of each of these languages. You see, I know a little about each of this lanuages, but I am not even intermediate in any of it. Now I thought that maybe by making games, I could advance a little (and slowly) in my Java programming skills. What do you guys think about that? And where would you advise me to start? I have Brackeen's book, but it is way to complicated for me (at this time... maybe later it will be better). Maybe Thomas Petchel's Java2 Game Programming book would be better suited? Do you have some links for me? And who are you guys? It'd be interesting to know what kind of people frequent this forum... Greetings, Alex