Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

GD.NET Ontario is sadly over...

Started by ibutsu Dec 5, 2004 at 1:33 AM 21 replies 5.1k views
Original Post
ibutsu
ibutsu
Hey guys, I had a great time, we should do that again some time. Perhaps I should lurk upon these forums more often, if the people I met were any representation of the people on this forum as a whole, I could be talking to lots of cool people :) anyhoo, I'm pooped, night all! - ibutsu
Drevay
Drevay
Blah, too bad I couldn't have gone. We should have a GDNet Maritimes or something. Hold it in Halifax, yah, and all of you Torontonians can come along as well.

I really wouldn't mind meeting a lot of the people on the board, since many things are lost when communicating through text, and I tend to sound more like an asshole than ever on Gamedev. [wink]
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Cibressus
Cibressus
the group kinda exploded thier at the lat, fraiser an I went back to funland but chris and karl had alredy left.
boxdot3
boxdot3
Who all managed to make it?
aftermath
aftermath
:( I'm drunk
Rate me up.
Rob Loach
Rob Loach
Now that GDNet Ontario is over, I thought I’d share with you how the experience went…….

It all started when I walked up to the Elephant and Castle to meet my worst enemy, Chris (coldacid), sitting by the entrance. We talked for a bit discussed the many issues of the Lounge and such. He had Pocky's, but we couldn't eat them as they were for his Dad. The next to show up was Frazier (Shaddowpuppet) and Terry (Cibressus). The times just got better. Frazier had calmed Chris down a bit but that was sure to change. That was when Karl (Zahlman) showed up and we decided to take a seat. We then were blessed with the presents of John (ibutsu). We all shook hands and ordered our drinks with the mighty fine looking waitress. John and I got a beer while the rest got their various caffeinated beverage of choice. Terry, of course, got a Coke. We eventually ordered our food (it was awesome, I should add) and then Norb (Norbi) showed up. He was all prepared with his camera and everything so we took a couple of pictures and then left to head to the arcade. So Frazer, Terry, Karl, Chris, John, Norb and I all headed out.

We were greeted by many homeless people (sadly no pictures) and a crashed down Rogers Wireless computer screen (sadly dark pictures) when Chris's glasses decided to explode. He was going crazy, talking crazy talk about how he was going to die and such. We ended up going on an excursion through the Mall to find a place with a wire and/or glasses tools that could fix his popped out glass lens. The Lens Crafters there was closed so we went down the escalator to the Guest Services and what do you know, they had nothing. We decided to continue our trek over to the arcade. Chris was forced to use his glasses like a monocle (so cool). As we walked up Yonge Street, we came to some religious guy talking about how it was our choice to become or something like that when Frazer found out he could use his watch wire or something like that. So Chris and him went to fix it while all the rest of us continued our excursion to the arcade.

We got there and walked in to discover that there were some other people we had met before there. We talked a bit while Karl and Terry jammed it up on DDR. We all just watched and decided to not show off our lack of skill. Chris and Frazer came back and the other people (some girl named Meaghan, her friend Rachael (?), another friend named Steve and some other guy) asked us if we wanted to go to some park with them. Frazer, Terry, John and I accepted while Chris and Karl stayed at the arcade. Norb decided to depart as he had a long drive home. We had one last picture taken and then he was off.

The journey downtown was interesting. We had no clue where we were going with these new people we had just met. We ended up going to a park. There was a playground and we decided to hang out there. Discussion was of random stupid jokes like "Your momma is so short when she falls down the stairs people think she's committing suicide" and stuff like that. The dead baby jokes came up as well as some rather bad racist ones. We continued to talk about the random funnies of the world and then head off. Frazer, John, Terry and I walked the other girl home. On the way we hit up a pipe store which had some cool looking stickers and stuff. We made it back to Meaghan's place where we got kind of confused as to our location so we decided to walk somewhere. Eventually we found where we were going and got back to the arcade. Chris and Karl were gone so we decided to have one more game of DDR before we left. John and I then headed to Pizza Pizza to get something to drink and hit the washrooms, sadly they didn’t let us for some reason so we went to the Pickle Barrel which gave us a nice cup of beer and the biggest milkshake I ever had. They eventually closed up so John and I headed back to the arcade to see that Frazer and Terry had already left. We had a couple of awesome games of some racing game where we both won somehow and then headed back to the subway discussing what we were going to do when we got home.

It was a fun night, and will sure happen again. Pictures will eventually come online.

[Edited by - Rob Loach on December 6, 2004 2:53:48 PM]
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [
Grizwald
Grizwald
does coldacid still have that god-awful rat tail?
I love me and you love you.
ibutsu
ibutsu
I don't think it would be coldacid without it :p
Oh, and zahlman informs me Chris has your stuff Rob, and that Frasier has your stuff Chris.

- ibutsu
Zahlman
Zahlman
Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
the other people ... asked us if we wanted to go to some park with them.


Chris and I missed that part of the conversation as far as I can tell which is why we stayed behind. We thought you were going for a short walk, so when you guys didn't come back in like an hour or so we figured you'd ditched us. :P We ended up leaving around 11pm.

Oh, I have some of your stuff too (the labels; you left them behind at the restaurant).

Hooray for publicly disclosing details of small group events!
khawk
Guys, thanks for sharing your experiences at GDNet Ontario. We think it's great that people are able and willing to have these small gatherings.

Kevin
Admin for GameDev.net.
Gaiiden
Gaiiden
Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
I wish we took more pictures, we only took like 3.

No pictars?? Fools!
Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net
coldacid
coldacid
Pictars are coming. Rob's working on brightening up the crashed Windows one right now.
Ilici
Ilici
Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
Pictars - I need a new gallery script.


Allright, who's who in the pictures? (use pic 4, everybody shows nicely)
MindWipe
MindWipe
Quote:
Original post by Ilici
Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
Pictars - I need a new gallery script.


Allright, who's who in the pictures? (use pic 4, everybody shows nicely)


Yeah, that's what I want to know!

BTW. Rule number one when someone takes a picture of you: Don't show the peace sign, that's gay (Not that there's anything wrong with it)

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
coldacid
coldacid
Rob's doing that now, at least for one of them.

BTW. Response to rule #1. Sod off. [grin]

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.