Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

3D models for online game...

Started by Abelius Jan 25, 2005 at 9:16 PM 3 replies 2.6k views
Original Post
Abelius
Abelius
I am creating a little online game, with 3D models for buildings, trees, bridges and such... Please review this page and let me know how crazy I am: http://www.worldkit.com/wk_indesign.asp
Cordially,Abel K.Miami Beach, FL, USAwww.worldkit.com
riplyx
riplyx
hi, i a newbies in game development too, i think worldkit got good 3d
model and design, are u the administrator or owner of the site?
i can't find much inform on game desscription, and some section are undergo
constuction.
anyway, for my game, i plan to do it from the bottomup approach.
mine is a webbased rpg game cause i wana focus on the story, char, scene,
game logic, ai logic, location detection etc, then upgrade to an 3d engine.
i am currently doing it with php/mysql, got some scene artwork done as well
using 3d software(forewarn 3d model not as good as your, hehe). just click the
artwork or game url on the leftframe and c for your self.
i am currently looking for story writer, graphic artist, 3d animator and
even game programmer that can share their ideas and cordinate our work, take a
look at many site and we will c where we can help each other out.
my site is at http://mnqstudio.thecirculation.com and email
mnqstudio@yahoo.com.sg(just incase u miss it on the leftframe bottom section)
Abelius
Abelius
Nice.

As of the site, I think your website needs the following:

- Make all pages look similar. SOme of the frames are white, some are black, vlue, etc. I learned early on, that tends to disorient a visitor.
- Use some font style. Even if it is Arial, give it some (for instance), it makes the experience more pleasurable.
- Maybe you should consider having a main entrance page. I read your email and clicked on your link, and went thru your site exhaustively. Very nice work, but there should be a page at the "Main Gate", before you get to the frames section.

As of the game idea:
- I love it! If there is anything we can do to help each other, let's go ahead! Maybe you can join our team too...
- It is a very well thought and orginal creation. I love the Stories...

So long...
Cordially,Abel K.Miami Beach, FL, USAwww.worldkit.com
riplyx
riplyx
Hi,
I assuming that last reply is address to me(hehe), thank u suggestion on my site, currently i trying to get more content, hence not being really looking at the site design it self.
But I am really grateful for you to point out the area where I can touch up on.
Last but not the least, I believe u model is very well done and that might be the area where I will look into in the future. Let me know if u needs any resources that my sites might have to offer. Ciao!
Abelius
Abelius
Will definitely do... :)
Cordially,Abel K.Miami Beach, FL, USAwww.worldkit.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.