Original Post
🔒 Locked
Sprite/Pixel Art thread.
Advertisement
I've never compiled a portfolio of my pixel art, but you can find 81 or so impromptu examples of mine in my avatar thread.
Sweet. I think the guy with the sword/lightsaber? is pretty cool.
Quote:
Original post by Gyrthok
Dang, your sprites are pretty detailed.
Well here's my Portfolio, fairly new so it doesn't have much. Certainly doesn't hold a candle to your prolific work there wiz7896. XD
Is that RTS screen from a game, or was it made in paint? It's awesome!
Nice! I whish I could make sprites.
I'm glad you like it. :D
That one character is holding a plain sword as i wanted to make him somewhat simple, i then later used him to work on a seamless fade effect.
The *RTS screenshot is infact, not a screenshot at all. It was entirely made in windows paint using 16x16 tiles/buildings/sprites i created and placed inside the GUI i designed. It did take awhile to finish the layout and was hell to get the sprites to move at all those different angles. Xp
The rest of the tiles didn't really take all that long.
Don't suppose you could drop a link to the Avatar thread Salsa? Can't seem to find it, though i have seen your Graphics Tutorial and damn, thats nice stuff. XD
[Edited by - Gyrthok on March 3, 2005 10:31:38 AM]
That one character is holding a plain sword as i wanted to make him somewhat simple, i then later used him to work on a seamless fade effect.
The *RTS screenshot is infact, not a screenshot at all. It was entirely made in windows paint using 16x16 tiles/buildings/sprites i created and placed inside the GUI i designed. It did take awhile to finish the layout and was hell to get the sprites to move at all those different angles. Xp
The rest of the tiles didn't really take all that long.
Don't suppose you could drop a link to the Avatar thread Salsa? Can't seem to find it, though i have seen your Graphics Tutorial and damn, thats nice stuff. XD
[Edited by - Gyrthok on March 3, 2005 10:31:38 AM]
Quote:
Original post by Gyrthok
I'm glad you like it. :D
That one character is holding a plain sword as i wanted to make him somewhat simple, i then later used him to work on a seamless fade effect.
The FPS screenshot is infact, not a screenshot at all. It was entirely made in windows paint using 16x16 tiles/buildings/sprites i created and placed inside the GUI i designed. It did take awhile to finish the layout and was hell to get the sprites to move at all those different angles. Xp
The rest of the tiles didn't really take all that long.
Don't suppose you could drop a link to the Avatar thread Salsa? Can't seem to find it, though i have seen your Graphics Tutorial and damn, thats nice stuff. XD
Instead of "FPS", do you mean "RTS"?
Oops my bad, yeah i meant RTS. Thats what i get for being up late. XD
Hey, heres mine. Definitaly not as good as your guys's and its not too big...
www.geocities.com/warhammerdude20/portfolio/portfolio.html
wiz, your tutorial half got me into pixel art, but i must disagree
about the a black line bordering the sprite. I think a black outline makes the sprites
look way better, but to each his own...
ps: (the 50x50 is pretty old stuff)
[Edited by - warhammerdude20 on March 4, 2005 1:35:24 PM]
www.geocities.com/warhammerdude20/portfolio/portfolio.html
wiz, your tutorial half got me into pixel art, but i must disagree
about the a black line bordering the sprite. I think a black outline makes the sprites
look way better, but to each his own...
ps: (the 50x50 is pretty old stuff)
[Edited by - warhammerdude20 on March 4, 2005 1:35:24 PM]
Quote:
Original post by Gyrthok
Oops my bad, yeah i meant RTS. Thats what i get for being up late. XD
Anyways, it is very impressive. Did you make a lot of sprites for that, or is that screen all there is?
I usually add a black outline + dark grey online to my sprites, to me it seems to soften the edges and make it appear more flush. Though i don't do this sort of thing all the time, if i'm going to use the sprites for practical game use i'd either have just a plain black outline, or none at all. That one character holding the sword was actually somewhat inspired from looking at both wiz's and warhammers sprite work, deciding that i'd try my hand at it and add more sprites to my portfolio. ;D
For the RTS screen, i completely animated the one sprite in 8 different directions (or close to 8 anyway). I had made assorted objects and around 20 tiles. I did try to make a few more sprites, but they weren't completely animated, and others didn't work out that well at all. In a way, I drew that screen as a way of designing how i wanted the GUI and game idea to look, i had intended to create a small RTS with the results, maybe someday i'll actually get around to it. :p
For the RTS screen, i completely animated the one sprite in 8 different directions (or close to 8 anyway). I had made assorted objects and around 20 tiles. I did try to make a few more sprites, but they weren't completely animated, and others didn't work out that well at all. In a way, I drew that screen as a way of designing how i wanted the GUI and game idea to look, i had intended to create a small RTS with the results, maybe someday i'll actually get around to it. :p
Awesome, I'm glad to see this getting such a great response. Well there are exeptions the the line thing. Especially if your going for a style that looks more.. drawn, ya know? Warhammer, your "a short wizard" sprite, I love it. Omegavolt, awesome stuff also.
This makes me wish I could do this stuff. Maybe I should try it.
I encourage you to try. It's fun.
I agree, its fun once you get the hang of it. Just keep working at it until you find a style and approach you feel comfortable with. :D
I like your isometric scene omega, the details and the angles look great. :D
I like your isometric scene omega, the details and the angles look great. :D
Thanks guys! Id love to do more stuff like that, but Im so tied up with indie developers that I never have time to do scenes like that anymore. That one scene took me from Halloween to Christmas Eve last year, using my breaks at work. Working with others gave me a very diversified portfolio, but Ive decided to stop helping everyone else out so that I can put together a more stylized one for myself. Maybe even finish that graphics pack Ive been meaning to do. :P
http://gportf.uw.hu there is a pixel art section, though it is only a part
of my works.
of my works.
Wow, i like your sprites at the top and your isometric tiles look great, not to mention your concept art/sprites. Good stuff. :D
I think i should note though that i had some problems viewing your website, i had to switch over to 1024x768 resolution to actually see the links to your pixel art, which were cut off in my normal resolution. You may want to fix that for people who don't/can't always go that high. ;D
I think i should note though that i had some problems viewing your website, i had to switch over to 1024x768 resolution to actually see the links to your pixel art, which were cut off in my normal resolution. You may want to fix that for people who don't/can't always go that high. ;D
Topic Locked
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
Sign in to reply to this topic.
Advertisement