Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

The maths of Peperami

Started by benryves Mar 8, 2005 at 12:36 PM 29 replies 5.2k views
Original Post
benryves
benryves
Whilst out hunting a curry for supper in Sainsbury's supermarket (do not buy the "Basic" line curry - it might only be 88p, but it does look like vomit-inna-tray when you open it) I came across a promotion on Peperami - "buy one get one free". I picked up a couple of packs of the "spicy meat snack" (it's not spicy at all) and had munched my way through quite a few of them when I looked at the ingredients on the back. Now, can someone tell me this: how can this sausagelike snack be 108% pork? I thought that you could only have up to 100% of something.
[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]
falkone
falkone
Maybe it's one of those products that has an extra 10% of something free. This is just Peperami with extra 10% free.
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice n any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)" o
BradDaBug
BradDaBug
Do you really want to know?
I like the DARK layout!
benryves
benryves
Quote:
Original post by falkone
Maybe it's one of those products that has an extra 10% of something free. This is just Peperami with extra 10% free.


The only thing I can think of is that they take the mass of all the ingredient parts, put them all together and process the snack - after which the total mass has decreased somehow, and they then express the percentage of pork as mass of pork before cooking over the total final mass. But that seems too silly.
[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]
tstrimp
tstrimp
Or maybe it's like the nutrition information on food packages and it means that it is 108% of your daily recommended pork.
benryves
benryves
Quote:
Original post by tstrimp
Or maybe it's like the nutrition information on food packages and it means that it is 108% of your daily recommended pork.


I hope not. I just ate 10 of them. [looksaround]
[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]
GroZZleR
GroZZleR
You might not want to eat something made entirely out of the worst meat possible, followed by the worst fat possible, followed by a bucketload of sodium. Just a small health tip from your friendly neighbourhood GroZZleR.
choffstein
choffstein
Quote:
Original post by GroZZleR
You might not want to eat something made entirely out of the worst meat possible, followed by the worst fat possible, followed by a bucketload of sodium. Just a small health tip from your friendly neighbourhood GroZZleR.


Details, details.

You should be proud of your purchase: you just swindled an extra 8%! Congrats!
Moe
Moe
Don't mond me asking, but how much did it cost for one? (Or two, whichever way you want to put it.)
Ravuya
Ravuya
Quote:
Original post by GroZZleR
You might not want to eat something made entirely out of the worst meat possible, followed by the worst fat possible, followed by a bucketload of sodium. Just a small health tip from your friendly neighbourhood GroZZleR.


I choose to ignore that tip. I would argue with you, but my heart seems to hurt quite a bit right now...
Ra
Ra
Quote:
Original post by benryves
... "spicy meat snack" ...

I would never trust anything called "spicy meat snack."
Ra
ukdeveloper
ukdeveloper
Never tried Peperami, from Sainsbury's or anywhere.
dj_skidmark
dj_skidmark
I'm laughing and gagging my ass off. Something about using the word "whilst" to describe eating something with 108 percent pork, and then spreading the damn thing across your keyboard to take a picture of it makes me sick.

God, I'm from Mississippi and that food's even gross to me!
Maega
Maega
Quote:
Original post by dj_skidmark
I'm laughing and gagging my ass off. Something about using the word "whilst" to describe eating something with 108 percent pork, and then spreading the damn thing across your keyboard to take a picture of it makes me sick.

God, I'm from Mississippi and that food's even gross to me!



BAH. I'll let that slide because you're from there. Just be careful next time. I take offense!
furby100
furby100
Quote:
Original post by GroZZleR
something made entirely out of the worst meat possible,


Anyone who thinks pork is the worst meat possible has never eaten haggis.
Boris Karloff
Boris Karloff
Anyone who has eaten haggis is 108% insane.
Nein heer du smign. ah open up the nine im heer du shmine
xanin
xanin
Quote:
Original post by furby100
haggis


*pukes*

Sick shit that. Knowing what it is is enough to make one ill.
Luckless
Luckless
Yes, what makes pork/ham so bad compared to others?
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
BradDaBug
BradDaBug
Haggis = sheep's stomach?
I like the DARK layout!
Geno the Great
Geno the Great
Sheep's stomach stuffed with meat and, according to one person I know, the sheep's brain
-I am you and what I see is me

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.