please, let me know your opnion about this video card

Started by
27 comments, last by curtmax_0 19 years, 1 month ago
You got a very good deal. There are better cards out there now but there are always going to be better cards. Its not old and you paid like 1/3 of what you should have for it. You may have some trouble with some of tomorrow's games but most of todays should run just fine.
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
Advertisement
Like my old card. Uncomparable to my new 6600GT.
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
It's a great card for the price. It's not top-of-the-range, but it'll play games. [grin] I have a 128MB Sapphire 9550 which is sort of a model down (I'm not sure exactly where it stands - it runs all the ATi 9800/9700 demos nice and fast, so I'm guessing it has a decent feature set) and I can run DOOM3 at a half-decent frame rate (15-20FPS at 1024x768, high detail - it's more fluid at lower settings, of course. HL2 runs fine with everything on max, but I gave up trying to find out how to display a FPS counter before uninstalling it). I bought it for ~£40, so I'm saying you got an extremely nice deal from the UK perspective. Then again, I'm not sure how prices compare.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

I think you got a great deal, my friend. That card is good for a couple of years still and can run all the latest games.... well.

Co-creator of Star Bandits -- a graphical Science Fiction multiplayer online game, in the style of "Trade Wars'.
Hi friends, thank you so much for all replies.
Quote:I hope that you don't use linux ;)

[oh] Doesn't Radeon 9600 Pro support Linux?... or you meant a bad support for OpenGL? [oh]

I read this at ATI's site:

"Support for Microsoft® Windows® XP, 2000, Media Center Edition as well as various Linux distributions"
Quote:Original post by vNistelrooy

6600GT must really be a superb card, but it is so expensive for a poor mortal, like me (unfortunately I don't have money to buy a better card...) [crying]
It'S a great card for the price that will most likely play most newer games at high/max settings. I wouldn't go above 800x600 for the recent ones though, and AA might be sluggish for anything from last year. But it's a damn good deal. :D You should be good with it for the rest of 2005 with pleasing visual settings.

*pets his 9800 Pro 256-bit and grins*
__________________I have a computer!
I have a 9600 XT and haven't found a game yet I can't run at 1024x768. Some games struggle with AA, but I couldn't be happier with it.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
I used to have a 9600 pro. It's a great card, and a steal at 40 bucks.
Quote:Original post by vNistelrooy

Well its not really about your 6600GT or my 6600GT. Its about how much power can be had. Its about his card, and how much value for his $40 he got, and he got a good solid card for a great price.
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement