please, let me know your opnion about this video card

Started by
27 comments, last by curtmax_0 19 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I bought a video card from a good friend that had won it in a raffle. It was never used (it is in the box). As he didn't have interest in it and I had little money, he sold me the card for only U$40,00. Well, I didn't still receive it, but he sent me a photo of card: Please, did anybody already try this video card? Is it a good card for games and other 3D applications? It seems to be a bit old... Thank you so much.
Advertisement
I'll give you $50.00 for it.
That card is a similar to the one I bought for my computer back in May. It cost me $135 on NewEgg. However, mine is only 128MB *jealous as hell*. It is a *great* card. I have never had problems with it and I am sastified with it [smile] Great deal for you though! It is not old at all buddy!
You know what I'll say...

It is good. In fact, in is an excellent video card. Opps, that's right, it WAS.
It was once the best but know it is quite old. No doubt you would be able to run new games on it but just don't expect max. graphics settings etc.

But then, 40 bucks is a good price for it. So don't blame yourself, you made a great deal. But if you like new games, want to pleay them all etc. etc., you might consider saving up for something like Radeon X800, or at least Radeon 9800 XT (I hate nVidia so no comments on their cards).

Zod
I'd definetly say that a glass is half-empty!
Quote:Original post by Mari_p
Hi,

I bought a video card from a good friend that had won it in a raffle. It was never used (it is in the box). As he didn't have interest in it and I had little money, he sold me the card for only U$40,00.
Well, I didn't still receive it, but he sent me a photo of card:

Please, did anybody already try this video card? Is it a good card for games and other 3D applications? It seems to be a bit old...

Thank you so much.

I didn't realize they made 9600's with 256mbs of RAM. The street value of this card is probablly $100 - $150. Realistically, you won't need anything better thn 9600 for a few years.
EvilDecl81
Quote:Original post by EvilDecl81
I didn't realize they made 9600's with 256mbs of RAM. The street value of this card is probablly $100 - $150. Realistically, you won't need anything better thn 9600 for a few years.

That depends on what games you're playing. I upgraded my 9600 Pro so I could play Doom 3 and Half Life 2 with decent frame rates. All recent games are playable on a 9600 Pro, if you don't mind playing at low resolutions with no anti aliasing and with some of the graphics detail turned down. If you want high resolutions with AA and all the fancy graphics features turned on and still want decent frame rates then you'll want something a bit newer. The card is still a good deal for $40 though.

Game Programming Blog: www.mattnewport.com/blog

I hope that you don't use linux ;)
(I prefer nVidia, in every aspect..)

ch.
It's a good card and you should be able to play most games on it and have them looking great. Also, I think ATI has a 'trade-up' program so you might be able to trade that in with them and get a discount on a higher-end card if you wanted.
Quote:Original post by christian h
I hope that you don't use linux ;)
(I prefer nVidia, in every aspect..)

ch.

*grunts in agreement*
It's a great card. I'm using a 9600 SE 128mb on my main gaming machine and it works great. I'll probably have to upgrade in less than a year though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement