Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Articles, Forums & Contests for shaders.

Started by evaclear Jul 13, 2005 at 12:09 AM 3 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
evaclear
evaclear
I know I've mentioned this to "people in the know" previously. But I think gamedev would benefit from adding in some shader articles, forums for HLSL, CG, and Low Level shaders. And contests related to shaders.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
Morpheus011
Morpheus011
i concur good sir. It is definitely a growing area of interest.
Kuladus
Kuladus
afaik - the current contests are for all aspects of game programming - including graphics programming and shaders.

as for articles well this seems like a decent collection .

I think a general purpose shader programming forum would be a good idea however,
jollyjeffers
jollyjeffers
I do like the idea of a shader-related forum, but it seems there are already three forums that do the job:

DirectX - A good place for the implementation details in D3D (e.g. effect framework and HLSL)
OpenGL - same sort of thing, but for those working via the OpenGL API..
Graphics Programming & Theory - as the name suggests, this is the more general side of things and good for the non-implementation specifics.

At least, I find a combination of the DX and GP&T forums to answer all of my shader specific questions [smile]

In the past, the staff have said they won't open new forums unless there's an obvious demand - e.g. if the shader content was swamping out all other DirectX stuff such that it started to have an adverse effect, then maybe they would.

hth
Jack
<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ |

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.