Original Post
I'm adding some sound methods to some of my classes for my project but just ran into some trouble. I can load and play chunks just fine using SDL_Mixer, but they're way too delayed! I'm using a 1024 byte chunk size, and even tried setting the chunk size to zero! No matter what, I seem to get the same latency. At the moment, I have a series of blocks that drop down from the top of the screen, in a Tertis-like way. When they reach the top of another block or the bottom of the screen, they play a "thud!" chunk. The problem is, they play this "thud!" chunk at least a second after they've hit the bottom! It doesn't look or sound right at all. Is there a way to fix this? If not... then I don't see what good SDL_Mixer is except for playing music. I must be doing something wrong. :-( Any ideas? Thanks!