Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Missing: Robert Keating

Started by Robert Evanson Nov 17, 2005 at 9:45 PM 36 replies 7.1k views
Original Post
Robert Evanson
Robert Evanson
I am Robert Keating's mother. My son attends Full Sail and his family is desperately looking for him. His father, grandparents, brother, and sister are unable to find him. If anyone can help us find him, we greatfully appreciate it. He has not contacted his family for months and no one knows of his where-abouts. We have been to the school two times and have forwarded messages to him and have not received a word. We are concerned for him and need to know where he is located.
LessBread
LessBread
Oh Dear. I presume you've contacted the authorities? What do the Full Sail people say? Do you know what internet nick names your son used? I sure hope things work out for the best for you.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
GarlandIX
GarlandIX
That name looks vaguely familiar, does he post here? I couldv'e sworn I saw his name around here somewhere before...
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.
AnonymousPosterChild
AnonymousPosterChild
This may seem a bit tactless, but does anyone else find this whole thing a bit fishy?

I mean, the user is registered under the name "Robert Evanson." Strange name for a woman. Not only that, but the last name, logically, should be "Keating", not Evanson.

I dunno, the entire thing just seems odd to me.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
cowsarenotevil
cowsarenotevil
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
This may seem a bit tactless, but does anyone else find this whole thing a bit fishy?

I mean, the user is registered under the name "Robert Evanson." Strange name for a woman. Not only that, but the last name, logically, should be "Keating", not Evanson.

I dunno, the entire thing just seems odd to me.


You know, I agree with you. At first I thought that perhaps "Robert Evanson" was the account that Robert Keating posted under (don't know why he'd change his last name, but who knows?) and his mother used his account to make the post. Kind of weird, but things like that have happened before. Then, of course, I realized that the account was registered just recently and this was the only post made with it, so I agree, it's kind of strange.

Also, This person's rating immediately went down (and I think that's about as tactless as accusing her of being a phony), so I rated them back up to around 1000. Now it's suddenly much higher.

And since when have you cared about tact, Mr. "There's always the single player campaign"? ;)
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Pouya
Pouya
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
Not only that, but the last name, logically, should be "Keating", not Evanson
It's usually the father's last name that is passed down, his mother maiden name can be anything different.
AnonymousPosterChild
AnonymousPosterChild
Quote:
Original post by cowsarenotevil
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
This may seem a bit tactless, but does anyone else find this whole thing a bit fishy?

I mean, the user is registered under the name "Robert Evanson." Strange name for a woman. Not only that, but the last name, logically, should be "Keating", not Evanson.

I dunno, the entire thing just seems odd to me.


You know, I agree with you. At first I thought that perhaps "Robert Evanson" was the account that Robert Keating posted under (don't know why he'd change his last name, but who knows?) and his mother used his account to make the post. Kind of weird, but things like that have happened before. Then, of course, I realized that the account was registered just recently and this was the only post made with it, so I agree, it's kind of strange.

Also, This person's rating immediately went down (and I think that's about as tactless as accusing her of being a phony), so I rated them back up to around 1000. Now it's suddenly much higher.

And since when have you cared about tact, Mr. "There's always the single player campaign"? ;)


Hey, lets be fair, this guy could still be alive. I'm pretty sure that guys friend was staying dead.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
ViLiO
ViLiO
In defence of the original poster, if you go a google search for "full sail" ...gamedev is within the top3 sites returned (for me anyway) so this could be genuine.

I hope your son is fine and I encourage anyone who attends full sail to help. Some things are just too serious to assume to be fake, and a missing person is one of them.

ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
cowsarenotevil
cowsarenotevil
Quote:
Original post by ViLiO
I hope your son is fine and I encourage anyone who attends full sail to help. Some things are just too serious to assume to be fake, and a missing person is one of them.


I'm not assuming this to be a fake (and I don't think anyone is), but it would add credibility if the poster would answer the questions in the thread.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
ViLiO
ViLiO
Quote:
Original post by cowsarenotevil
I'm not assuming this to be a fake (and I don't think anyone is), but it would add credibility if the poster would answer the questions in the thread.


I completely agree and for the record I didn't think anyone had assumed it was a fake, I was kind of pointing out, that although signing up to gamedev and posting about this matter may seem a little strange, if you are desperately seeking information on a missing loved one, doing something like a search for full sail on google and finding a community that seems to have a fair few full sail students as active members, would not be out of the question.

Sorry if it came across I was pointing fingers but I assure you I didn't mean it that way.

All the best,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
LessBread
LessBread
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
This may seem a bit tactless, but does anyone else find this whole thing a bit fishy? I mean, the user is registered under the name "Robert Evanson." Strange name for a woman. Not only that, but the last name, logically, should be "Keating", not Evanson. I dunno, the entire thing just seems odd to me.


I checked the IP when I posted and there is another account created at the same time for Donna Evanson. I presume she created two accounts and ended up using the one named Robert Evanson due to the quirks of the forum software and perhaps a lack of internet savvy on her part. I shouldn't have to remind you, AnonymousPosterChild, that a lot of members don't use their true names here. That doesn't mean they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

At any rate, I'm going to treat this as legitimate until shown otherwise - so I'm not going to treat lightly any horseplay in this thread. I would like her to respond to our questions as well and hopefully she will - so keep the wise cracks to your self, please.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
cowsarenotevil
cowsarenotevil
Quote:
Original post by ViLiO
Sorry if it came across I was pointing fingers but I assure you I didn't mean it that way.


No, not in the least. The author of the thread certainly shouldn't need to prove their legitimacy.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
mfawcett
mfawcett
I used to work there. I've forwarded this link on to people I still know working at Full Sail.
--Michael Fawcett
Densun
Densun
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
I mean, the user is registered under the name "Robert Evanson." Strange name for a woman. Not only that, but the last name, logically, should be "Keating", not Evanson.

But if this were fake, wouldn't it have been obvious to him to use a believable name?
AnonymousPosterChild
AnonymousPosterChild
Quote:
Original post by LessBread
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
This may seem a bit tactless, but does anyone else find this whole thing a bit fishy? I mean, the user is registered under the name "Robert Evanson." Strange name for a woman. Not only that, but the last name, logically, should be "Keating", not Evanson. I dunno, the entire thing just seems odd to me.


I checked the IP when I posted and there is another account created at the same time for Donna Evanson. I presume she created two accounts and ended up using the one named Robert Evanson due to the quirks of the forum software and perhaps a lack of internet savvy on her part. I shouldn't have to remind you, AnonymousPosterChild, that a lot of members don't use their true names here. That doesn't mean they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

At any rate, I'm going to treat this as legitimate until shown otherwise - so I'm not going to treat lightly any horseplay in this thread. I would like her to respond to our questions as well and hopefully she will - so keep the wise cracks to your self, please.


I didnt make any wisecracks, except in the post about one of my OTHER wisecracks. Anyways, my question has been answered, so I recind my previous post.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
oliii
oliii
If this is genuine, surely someone at Full Sail reading these forums should be able to help and make inquiries quite quickly.
Everything is better with Metal.
Servant of the Lord
Servant of the Lord
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
This may seem a bit tactless, but does anyone else find this whole thing a bit fishy?

I mean, the user is registered under the name "Robert Evanson." Strange name for a woman. Not only that, but the last name, logically, should be "Keating", not Evanson.

I dunno, the entire thing just seems odd to me.


It does have that odd feel doesn't it? But anyhow, Robert could be their last name also, as in Evanson Robert. They might be foureign, most foureign countries have the 'family' or last name first. (Mainly china but I think others do too)

Deepest regrets I cannot help you ma'am, but I hope you find him.
joanusdmentia
joanusdmentia
While I'd normally be against what I'm about to say, given the situation I feel it would be appropriate to delete all posts in this thread that are not in some way helping with the OP's search for her son. Assuming this is genuine (which we really only can), we don't want her to give up on this forum and miss something that may be helpful because she finds a bunch of posts casting doubts on the legitimacy of her missing son.
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The nly verdict is vengeance; a vendett o

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.