Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

INI loader

Started by Yohomyth Dec 21, 2005 at 12:30 PM 2 replies 950+ views
Original Post
Yohomyth
Yohomyth
GRRR! I'm changing some things about my INI loader. i'm adding IniGetIntVal, IniGetRealVal, and IniGetStrVal instead of just IniGetVal. [Edited by - Yohomyth on December 26, 2005 1:57:20 PM]
------------------------------------------------------------"Many combilations elizagerth. I hope you see my particles." - Senor Cardgage
Spudder
Spudder
Nice work as I know that writing documentation is always a chore. There is a spelling mistake near the start of the document:

Quote:

First of all, there are portable


That should be "they're", not "there".

I don't quite agree with you when you mention that using an XML based approach would unnecessarily complicated, using a library like TinyXML to handle the parsing of the data would make quite easy to use, although admitedly not as simple as INI files.
demonkoryu
demonkoryu
Quote:
Original post by Spudder
I don't quite agree with you when you mention that using an XML based approach would unnecessarily complicated, using a library like TinyXML to handle the parsing of the data would make quite easy to use, although admitedly not as simple as INI files.


That doesn't make up for the lot of typing you can save while creating the ini-files (reading them is also easier on the eyes).
Yohomyth
Yohomyth
I'm at 99% completion of the beta version. I'll post it up here when it's done. It might not be for a few days at the most, because of holidays. I want all the input you can give me. I need to know what I can change to make it better. Right now the rules of the reader are a little strict, and it can only store ints, doubles, and strings, but later I'll probably add support for arrays, enums, and some other nifty stuff.

EDIT: spelling
------------------------------------------------------------"Many combilations elizagerth. I hope you see my particles." - Senor Cardgage

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.