Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Amazing guitar playing

Started by BobV Jan 14, 2006 at 2:31 PM 21 replies 3.5k views
Original Post
BobV
BobV
check out this video. This guy is playing 'Canon' on an electrical guitar and it is truely breath taking.
blueEbola
blueEbola
I've seen that many times, the guy's very good. Google video has many cool guitar videos :)

Check this one out. It's an amazing cover of the solo in John Petrucci's "Glasgow Kiss".
GarlandIX
GarlandIX
He's good, but I hate people covering songs like that on guitar.
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.
furby100
furby100
Quote:
Original post by BobV
This guy is playing 'Canon' on an electrical guitar and it is truely breath taking.


Pachelbel's Canon is boring. It's the most overplayed piece of classical music next to Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, Vivaldi's Spring, and Ravel's Boléro.
NLDEV
NLDEV
Eh, any good classical guitar player is much more impressive to me. For example...
Caereth
Caereth
Try this one as well. It's a guitar lesson from the guitarist in Symphony X, Michael Romeo.
dpadam450
dpadam450
If you think thats sweet anyone heard of Yngwie Malmsteen???? Hes the best neo-classical guitar player ever (to be argued). Michael Angelo Batio is a sweet shredder/classical madman also.
NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims 
Mastaba
Mastaba
Quote:
... anyone heard of Yngwie Malmsteen


Yes, nearly ten years ago. I have one of his cd's, "Facing the Animal". And I have the G3: Live in Denver DVD with Yngwie, Vai, and of course Satriani.
Cold_Steel
Cold_Steel
Quote:
Original post by dpadam450
Michael Angelo Batio is a sweet shredder/classical madman also.
Yeah, I love this video
Check out the Speed Lives Video

Also, I guess I need to start practicing some more...now I'm depressed.
______"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
dpadam450
dpadam450
http://www.deanguitars.com/angelo/mab_videos/ He made a new double guitar video. The guy is nuts. M.A. Batio that is.
NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims 
Cold_Steel
Cold_Steel
How can someone play that well both left and right handed! I can barely get by with one hand![smile]
______"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
blueEbola
blueEbola
Quote:
Original post by Cold_Steel
How can someone play that well both left and right handed! I can barely get by with one hand![smile]


The man's been playing everyday, 12 hours a day, for many years. Michael Angelo Batio is a technique psycho, that's for sure.

Michael Romeo is an amazing player, I actually prefer him over Malmsteen. Malmsteen is still good, though.

Check this guy out. He's relatively unknown, but he's damn good.
Phantom Sage
Phantom Sage
Impressive. I have to play that song at my brother's wedding this summer, albeit it has be to a little more subdued than that.

That Bob Zabek guy is really amazing. I'm glad to see there are still people out there who are doing more than the 3 chord cookie cutter stuff.

With that said, after watching that kid play Canon, I decided to give it a go myself and recorded Canon with crazy show off shredding stuff (mp3, I'd be far too embarassed to do a video). If anyone is interested in hearing it let me know and I'll put it up.
blueEbola
blueEbola
Quote:
Original post by Tape_Worm
Impressive. I have to play that song at my brother's wedding this summer, albeit it has be to a little more subdued than that.

That Bob Zabek guy is really amazing. I'm glad to see there are still people out there who are doing more than the 3 chord cookie cutter stuff.

With that said, after watching that kid play Canon, I decided to give it a go myself and recorded Canon with crazy show off shredding stuff (mp3, I'd be far too embarassed to do a video). If anyone is interested in hearing it let me know and I'll put it up.


Yeah, Bob Zabek's got some other cool stuff on youtube too. His tapping vid was most impressive to me, though.

I'd like to hear your rendition of Canon. I thought about recording a version of it myself.
Ainokea
Ainokea
Quote:
Original post by QzarBaron
I personally prefer this one This guy is amazing.


Oh wait you said guitar


Dirty bassists always tring to push their propaganda...

______________With the flesh of a cow.
dwarfsoft
dwarfsoft
Gotta say... about the Canon in D...

THAT WOULD HAVE ROCKED AT MY WEDDING!



My wife walked down the Isle to the Canon, but I would have rather she had rocked out to that instead! :P
Phantom Sage
Phantom Sage
My lame attempt at Canon is located here.

It was done in one take, so be gentle about the errors :)

GarlandIX
GarlandIX
Quote:
Original post by QzarBaron
I personally prefer this one This guy is amazing.


Oh wait you said guitar


two words: holy shit

It is a rare thing to see someone do something like that on a bass. It kindof makes paul gilbert's stereotypical guitar shred seem a bit insignificant by comparison.
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.
dwarfsoft
dwarfsoft
Quote:
Original post by GarlandIX
Quote:
Original post by QzarBaron
I personally prefer this one This guy is amazing.


Oh wait you said guitar


two words: holy shit

It is a rare thing to see someone do something like that on a bass. It kindof makes paul gilbert's stereotypical guitar shred seem a bit insignificant by comparison.


Cliff Burton RIP [crying]

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.