Original Post
Hi all, I am a newbie, esxpicaly with DirectX9. In fact I know next to nothing. I have Jonathn Harbour's book "Begining Game Program" and am try to get things to work. My first problem was that I was using NS VC++ 6.0 which appearently isn't compatible with DX9.0c. I then downloaded VC++ 2005 Express, the Platform SDK and have installed both. I have the DX9 SDK in a different path, but have used the "Tools/Options/VC++ Directories" to add the appropriate path. Now that I have done that, it finds d3d9.h, but I now get a fatal error stating that it can't find Stdlib.h. The error message is listed below. Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory h:\c++\microsoft visual studio\microsoft directx sdk (december 2005)\include\d3d9.h 37 I have searched my drive, and I do have the header file "stdlib.h:, but it is in a different directory than d3d9.h Is it getting lost and not getting back to where the Platform SDK Include directory is located at? Any help will be greatly appreciated! TIA Nathan