Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

"I'm O.K."

Started by Orbviper Feb 5, 2006 at 6:58 AM 35 replies 6k views
Original Post
Orbviper
Orbviper
Hey all, did a quick check to see if this had been posted already, but I didn't see anything, so I'll post it now. If anyone recalls a few months back, Jack Thompson wrote his "A Modest Video Game Proposal", daring game developers to make a game that put the players in the shoes of a man who has lost his son to a kid who played violent video games, and proceeds to go on a rampage, killing people in the gaming industry. Well, some guys who call themselves "Thompsonsoft" have put together this game called I'm O.K. in response. Unfortunatly Jack will probably make some excuse about them not being an actual company or something, but still, it's a cool little game(at least I found it fun [smile]) Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know about it, because I didn't see any other threads on the subject, and am curious to see other peoples opinions on the fiasco. /me waits for pages of people exclaiming "repost" [lol]
smart_idiot
smart_idiot
It sets my desktop to 320x240 and music plays, but I can't see anything. Just curious if it's borked for anyone else.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other
Nemesis2k2
Nemesis2k2
Disable your second monitor.
darookie
darookie
Quote:
Original post by Nemesis2k2
Disable your second monitor.

I hate it when games do that [smile]


smart_idiot
smart_idiot
I disabled my second monitor and it worked.

Then the Display Properties window decided it wanted to spawn in the space used by the second monitor. Which was really not very nice, as it didn't show up on the task bar or the task manager, and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't opening.

So I had to alt-tab to it, and press alt+space m and move it to where I could see it, which wasn't very user friendly.

So I guess the moral of the story is, if you're going to disable a monitor, make sure you don't leave any windows on it.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other
Coward
Coward
Quote:
Original post by smart_idiot
So I guess the moral of the story is, if you're going to disable a monitor, make sure you don't leave any windows on it.

... or use the "don't spawn windows outside visible area" option. (atleast it's present if you use nView)
Don't Temp Fate..
Rixter
Rixter
Wow, that's a pretty hilarious game. I had to stop playing because I need to get work done today, but maybe tonight I'll try to beat it to see the 15 second ending.
nilkn
nilkn
I thought it was pretty funny that they gave Jack Thompson his credit as designer of this horribly violent, puppy-slaughtering, limb-dismembering, blood-bath of a game. [grin]

The game is surprisingly good, too.
Boder
Boder
I really want to play but I can't get to the download. Any mirrors?
Mastaba
Mastaba
Where does one get CNCS232.dll ? I'm very wary of downloading dll's from any place other than the author's webpage but Eurosoft's page is less than helpful.
FroZtByte
FroZtByte
http://www.gamehippo.com/misc/files_and_libs.shtml or http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=cncs32.dll+clickteam&meta=

Sorry for the lack of clickable links, meh
superpig
superpig
Wow, both the Thompsonsoft and Pix-fu sites seem to have been taken offline.

The game's hilarious though. If you play the end of the first level, you'll have no doubts about this.
Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse
superpig
superpig
More likely he "or elsed" their hosts rather than they themselves, but possibly. It could also be that the bandwidth being used has caused their hosts to yank them until they make some downpayments.

Still, hopefully enough people already have it that it can be distributed via mirrors and P2P. Can't put the mushroom cloud back in the casing, etc...
Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse
Ravuya
Ravuya
Quote:
Original post by Mastaba
Where does one get CNCS232.dll ? I'm very wary of downloading dll's from any place other than the author's webpage but Eurosoft's page is less than helpful.


Did you just download the executable, or the full game?
Mastaba
Mastaba
I was under the impression that the only difference between downloads was one had music and the other not, and not being interested in the music I got the executable. Apparently I was mistaken.
Drakkcon
Drakkcon
I have the proper version. I shall upload it to my GD webspace and put a link in a second....Get the zipped version.
CJWR
CJWR
here you all go: I'm OK
Charles Reed, CEO of CJWR Software LLC

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.