Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

wtf floorcaek?

Started by Iron Chef Carnage Feb 21, 2006 at 1:40 PM 41 replies 8.6k views
Original Post
Iron Chef Carnage
Iron Chef Carnage
Okay, I've seen this term used and celebrated and Googled around Gamedev for a while. I've hunted around here and elsewhere and never found anything that presents the term as anything but some kind of geeky icon, causing even the most level-headed, grammatically correct commentator to expound, "OMG!!1 FLOORCAEK == TEH PWNZOR!!!!!!111" Someone please help me understand this bizarre phenomenon.
Mushu
Mushu
Its when you drop a cake. On the floor. Or alternatively, find a cake on the floor. In either case, teh cake being on the floor can be determined to be a 'floor caek', but may not necessarily be a 'floor caek' depending on its relation to the floor. If the cake in question is determined to be a 'floor caek' and it was discovered rather than dropped then the situation does indeed pwnzor because the cake in question is now yours (and no longer the floor's). In the case the cake was just dropped than the dropper has pwnzored the dropee in which case the term 'pwnzored' still applies.

proof by cases - QED.

Also see 'pancaek bunnah'.
Salsa
Salsa
I've never heard of that phrase, and now that I have, I want to cry acid.
Kult House - Fresh Production Media
Sneftel
Sneftel
floorcaek teh tasteeest of caeks

also note that floor(caek) == tastee, while floor(pi) == 3.
necreia
necreia
...
Where the heck did THIS trend start? O_o
Ravuya
Ravuya
Quote:
Original post by necreia
...
Where the heck did THIS trend start? O_o


If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Tiffany_Smith
Tiffany_Smith
Interesting. I had always assumed it was a math joke... floor as in "floor value" and caek instead of pi.
smart_idiot
smart_idiot
floor(caek) doesn't move very fast, only 25 meters per year.

Costlines have been known to erode at the speed of floorcaek.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other
smart_idiot
smart_idiot
It's not the only thing.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other
Rain 7
Rain 7
Floorcaek is teh ghey.
CamIsGod
CamIsGod
It's probably from the Penny Arcade strip from a while back, where Gabe finds a cake on the ground, and Tycho states that he refuses to eat "found cake". It was fucking hilarious, actually.
Sneftel
Sneftel
HA! floorcaek goes WAY further back than that.
_Sigma
_Sigma
Quote:
Original post by Programmer One
Floorcaek doesn't exist.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Don't screw with my mind!!!!11!!!
Cold_Steel
Cold_Steel
I happily use the term, but I guess I never really did remember where it came from originally.

Also, there is no spoon, I'm pretty damn sure of that.

Edit: While we're on the subject, Blind Guardian >? Iron Maiden. Very mysterious...[wink]
______"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
Rain 7
Rain 7
While we are talking Haxx0r right now perhaps someone can tell me what the hell 'BBQ' means.

as in 0M1G0DZ!!!111 LOLZ!111 LEET R0FFL3'BBQ.'
bytecoder
bytecoder
Quote:
Original post by Rain 7
While we are talking Haxx0r right now perhaps someone can tell me what the hell 'BBQ' means.

as in 0M1G0DZ!!!111 LOLZ!111 LEET R0FFL3'BBQ.'

BBQ
Rain 7
Rain 7
Quote:
Original post by bytecoder
Quote:
Original post by Rain 7
While we are talking Haxx0r right now perhaps someone can tell me what the hell 'BBQ' means.

as in 0M1G0DZ!!!111 LOLZ!111 LEET R0FFL3'BBQ.'

BBQ


...

Thanks so much d00d!!!111 :p

R0ffl3SAURUS!!!!111!1

Kthxbye.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.