Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Webcam

Started by spacemonkeystudios Apr 16, 2006 at 9:48 AM 0 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
spacemonkeystudios
spacemonkeystudios
Hi, I've recently found an old £10 webcam at the back of the draw, and would like to do something different with it. I've used it as a security cam, using the basic preview software provided, but what other things can be done? What languages would you reccommend for doing things with the output, and how to actually display and record this output. Cheers Steve
[email=wastedhours@gmail.com]-steve[/email]_______________________Freelance Game Journalist / Designer / Occasional Game Developer[GamingHours.com] [RandomlyAccessed]
ZuBsPacE
ZuBsPacE
for advanced image analysis you could use OpenCV. It gives you realtime access to the frames of a webcam. Main Website, Features, OpenCV Wiki

It a free library with a C-Interface, so you can use C++. The library is huge and needs some work to get into. Also because the last time I checked, its documentation is sometimes very abstract. The Wiki didn't exist by then, so it seems their working on it.
----------------------#include "signature.h"

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.