Original Post
Is there a way with XNA we can hide the mouse cursor from appearing outside the window in windowed mode? I can't find anything about it in the XNA docs. Maybe I overlooked it? -SirKnight
Quote:
Original post by SirKnight
No it's not bad practice at all. It's freaking annoying having the mouse cursor show up outside the window throwing your mouse control off in the game.
If you want to go to another window, just ALT-TAB. Or remember you're playing a game and everything else can wait. :-)
I know you can do this manually, I just wondered if XNA had a mode that would do it for you as it does a lot of other cool things for you. But yes Wolfdog, this is the effect I am looking at.
Every FPS I have played in windowed mode did what I talk about. I just now ran quake 2 in windowed mode and yep, no mouse cursor. In a FPS, having the mouse cursor show up outside the window causing the mouse control to go away in the game would be a bad thing. Actually, I've played many other games in a window that wasn't a FPS that took complete control over the mouse, now that I think about it.
When my game is running in a window, I want the game to own the mouse and if I need to switch to another window, ALT-TAB is just fine.
There's nothing at all wrong with this. Games have been doing this for a long time now, not all but a lot.
Quote:
Original post by k00k
Simple fix guys .. the Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game class has a property called .. IsMouseVisible so set it to true or false which ever you like and your done.
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
With your permission, GameDev.net uses analytics cookies to understand how people use the platform. You can accept analytics or continue with necessary cookies only. Learn more