Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

visual c# express graph (chart)

Started by foxars Oct 5, 2006 at 2:18 AM 2 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
foxars
foxars
Hi, I've a sql server 2005 database and visual c# 2005 express, I would like to know how to draw a chart (graph) from this sql server database. Thanks in advance
Nik02
Nik02
The easy way:

Use some ready-made charting component library, plonk a chart control into your form, and set it's data source to be from your database; that's it.

The hard way:

The data in your database table is effectively an array of records. With an ADO.net data adapter, it is easy to iterate over database records as an actual typed array - just draw some boxes, lines or pie segments that represent whatever quantity of the records you want to chart.

You can also use a recordset object to "manually" query the table, but I find the data adapter objects generally more convenient to use.
Niko Suni
foxars
foxars
Thank you,

I'm asking for who knows a free grid component for visual c# express.

thanx in advance
Nik02
Nik02
[google] free .net charting library [smile]
Niko Suni

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.