Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Force Feedback with Managed DirectX broken

Started by TroneX Dec 13, 2006 at 2:16 AM 0 replies 600+ views
Original Post
TroneX
TroneX
Hello everyone, I recently experienced a problem that seems to exists for at least over a year now. I tried to control a force feedback gamepad from within Managed DirectX and it didn't work. Creating the effect object threw an exception. I googled for it and found a thread on MSDN. Some guy posted exactly the same problem. Microsoft told him to wait until a future SDK version fixed that issue. That was in mid-october 2005. However, I managed to load an effect file (.ffe) instead and guess what... that worked! Problem is... the effect editor (fedit.exe) also vanished from the SDK. Does anyone have a clue where I could get it now? Regards, Tronex.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.