Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
๐Ÿ”’ Locked

?Quake Source

Started by vkeller Dec 23, 1999 at 12:32 PM 4 replies 800+ views
Original Post
vkeller
vkeller
Read Text file.. that most likely source will compile with visual 6.0 but need masm with the assembly code. My question is this Does visual C++ have masm integrated with it... or do you have to buy it seperately..
evaclear
evaclear
No it doesn't come with MASM. But if you get the Direct X Driver Development Kit from microsoft it has MASM included.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
Melo
Melo
From what I know, you can use Borlands TASM (in masm-mode), too. It worked fine with the Descent-Sourcecodes.

Bye

[This message has been edited by Melo (edited December 22, 1999).]

Qoy
Qoy
Where can you download MASM? All I saw when I searched for it on Microsoft's site was a version you can buy...

[This message has been edited by Qoy (edited December 22, 1999).]

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.