Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

UK ADSL Switcheroo

Started by Zanthos Feb 19, 2007 at 11:50 AM 1 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
Zanthos
Zanthos
I've requested my MAC from Tiscali and am now planning to move elsewhere.. problem is all the UK ISPs look pretty rubbish. Now I know I can't do that much worse than Tiscali, but there has to be decent one out there! Can anybody throw me a bone as to who I should go with :) TIA.
dave j
dave j
If you can get cable, you should - it takes BT, who seem to be the main cause of ADSL problems in the UK, out of the loop. I've been much happier since I switched.

If not, I was with Nildram until BT refused to even acknowledge problems on my line (it was dropping connections several times a day). I'd still be with them if it wasn't for that. Eclipse and Zen both seem to have good reputations also.

ADSLguide.org.uk seems to be called thinkbroadband now. That's usually a good site for info and advice.
superpig
superpig
I used to be with Eclipse (until my dad's employer said they'd pay for a BT connection instead). Their support was very high quality - when our router was dying and I was on the phone to them, it wasn't some guy reading from a script, it was a guy with packet capture software who actually knew what he was talking about. IIRC they were also pretty relaxed about running home servers and the like. I'd recommend checking them out.
Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.