Original Post
I have a VS 2005 C++ Winforms project and I placed a statusstrip and toolstrip on the form. I was able to compile and run it just fine. I then closed VS and reopened the project and now everytime I try and view the form in designer mode, it throws an exception saying: The control System.Windows.Forms.StatusStrip has thrown an unhandled exception in the designer and has been disabled. Exception: Exception of the type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. Stack trace: at System.Windows.Forms.StatusStrip.WndProc(Message& m) Does anybody know why this is happening? So far there are probably about 30 header files and 30 source files in the project. I'm also compiling in cli not cli/pure, and I have precompiled headers turned off. Also note this does not happen in C# projects, only C++. This ONLY happens in designer mode. Once I run the application it looks just fine. ***EDIT***** Also, this only occurs with the Toolstrip and Statusstrip. No other controls throw this exception.