Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

A random heightmap/texture generator for IrrLicht

Started by SysOps Jul 22, 2007 at 4:15 PM 0 replies 2.4k views
Original Post
SysOps
SysOps
Does anyone know of a random heightmap or texture generator that works with IrrLicht? I plan on attatching to a sphere, similar to Populous. Or maybe I could use Python for generating them and have IrrLicht use the Python scripts? Edit: Okay, I took the 2D code from this: http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/models/m_perlin.htm and got it to compile without warnings or errors. Now how on earth do I use it? When I print the results of PerlinNoise2D it's always something like -0.33399 . [Edited by - SysOps on July 22, 2007 6:44:04 PM]
SysOps
SysOps
Nobody can help me? I want to use it to generate a heightmap (preferably in text for easy storage, I plan on making a lot of these) and then applying it to a 3D model (sphere). It will look like something from Populous.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.