Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Javascript - Getting URLs

Started by Nahoopii Sep 6, 2007 at 7:31 PM 1 replies 1k views
Original Post
Nahoopii
Nahoopii
Im having a problem, and Ive been searching google and I cant find any helpful resouce, mostly I think because I dont know the right terms to search for. Heres my problem: I want to script out the reception of many URLs. These URLs are to a .PHP page, with a different "userid" in the different URLs. The PHP page basically takes the userid and disables it in the database. If it were that easy, I'd already have a script to do the damn thing.. I would use a windows script and a WinHttp.WinHttpRequest object, and WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.Open the damn urls.. Easy.. However, the PHP pages require a login (they are HTTPS), which, Im assuming, ensures that I have a certificate or a cookie of some sort before getting me the contents of the actual PHP page, so when my script goes to Open the URLs, Im getting redirected to the login page.. GRR!!! I tried opening a browser, logging in, and then just pasting the URL into my browser, which worked fine and the userid got disabled. I then tried to run my script, but to no avail, the response I got was from the login page. Any ideas? I dont care if its a Windows script, a PERL script, a Shell script, or a freakin Excel VBA macro for crying outloud!! (sorry geniuses, Im not versed in real programming like C# or C++ or Java, I wish I was, but Im not) I'll take any suggestions or help, Im really frustrated and I have been searching google but I dont think Im using the right terms.. So even any help there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks once again guys. [Edited by - Nahoopii on September 7, 2007 3:11:14 PM]
Nahoopii
Nahoopii
Ok, nobody huh?
Well, this is how far Ive gotten today.

I have a page with 3 frames.
The top frame points to a login.asp page which I created. It has a form, whos action points to the same login page as the https:// login page, so as a user if I got to my page and login with my credentials, my browser gets the cookie/certificate no problem.

Then in the middle frame I have a page I created with a link that says go. More or less, clicking go is *supposed* to start feeding redirects to the 250+ URLs I have hardcoded to redirect to, and those get loaded in the bottom frame.

However, you cant redirect from the server side to a frame (since frames are client side?).. SO.. Im having some more difficulties.. The process as described above works, except only the last URL that gets redirected actually has the processing done on the userid in the URL. So it seems the first urls arent getting processed or fully loaded, or whatever. Like I said, you cant redirect to a frame, so what Im doing is a response.write(")

And like I said, thats working, *except* only for the last url I send. Im testing on three, so the actual code looks something like:

Response.Write("")
Response.Write("")
Response.Write("")

Any &#106avascript people know a good way to go about this?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.