Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[MMO] Untitled MMO needs Dev. Team

Started by tleblanc3 Oct 12, 2007 at 8:26 PM 3 replies 850+ views
Original Post
tleblanc3
tleblanc3
Team name: TBA Project name: TBA Brief description: This idea has been in production for a short time and so there isn't much. This will be an MMO for the PC and Xbox 360 platforms and will be different from the current MMOs. I can't tell you how, as I'm not even sure how yet. That is what the designers will come up with later. We will be using the Vicious Engine to create this game and we will be under the Rising Stars program. Target aim: Retail Compensation: I cannot pay. However, through the Rising Stars program, there will be a chance to get payment for this MMO. Technology: Target Systems: - PC (Windows Vista) - Xbox 360 Modeling: - Maya 8.0 - 3DS Studio Max Art: - Adobe Photoshop CS2/CS3 Talent needed: Everything. From programmers to testers. I'm in need of the whole ensemble. Team structure: Me - Project Lead, Game Designer, Graphic Designer, Tester Website: No site as of yet, but once there is a team name defined, I will make a forum. Contacts: Email: tleblanc3@gmail.com AIM: vvvzeppelin MSN: agilesymbolism@hotmail.com Previous Work by Team: There is currently no previous work. Additional Info: Nothing yet, but stay tuned as we work on some stuff. Feedback: ENCOURAGING ONLY
ninvertigo
ninvertigo
Might I suggest getting a solid design document finished. Know exactly what you want to do and where you want to go with the project. Get something done prior to asking for help, that way you have something to show when you request for it.

A couple of questions. Why target only vista? And not XP? Secondly, are you familiar with both Maya and 3d studio? They dont play nice together in my experience, especially if you have team members working in both. I know first hand just how much of a pain even maya can be, having to write custom mel scripts just to be able to integrate it into your game etc.

Bottom line, I think you are wasting your time. Rethink what you are doing and what you want. Then try to make a go for it. Just my two cents. Best of luck though.

-Scott
Swattkidd
Swattkidd
[Sorry for my post:(]

[Edited by - Swattkidd on October 18, 2007 12:39:28 AM]
jbadams
jbadams
Your goals are too lofty for someone with nothing to show, I can guarantee you won't get any (useful) responses this way. I suggest either revising your goals to something more sensible or working on the project yourself until you have something to show potential helpers.
- Jason Astle-Adams

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.