Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Blitz3D MUD (HELP ME!!!)

Started by bongo meno Feb 25, 2008 at 6:17 AM 3 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
bongo meno
bongo meno
I have made several text based MUDS in blitz3d, but i want to make a graphical one now... how do I allow several players to login with Hostnetgame() and send x and y coordinates in packets??? please show me some simple basic sample code =[
Check out my BASIC site and all of its games. www.geekbasic.com
hplus0603
hplus0603
You're probably better off in a Blitz-specific forum. Not may members on this forum use Blitz for networking.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Leaedas
Leaedas
I do! But that was the most ridiculous post I have seen in a while...

You say you have made serveral text base MUDs in blitz3d, but you dont know how to make one?
bongo meno
bongo meno
nonono im havin truble sending out x any y coordinates + i cant figure out how to display all of the player images on the screen. in my text based ones, the player logs in by entering a name and the only real interaction between then is chatting.
Check out my BASIC site and all of its games. www.geekbasic.com
Leaedas
Leaedas
Oh I see, well I would have to see the code... Basically when someone connects to the server, it makes a new type for the player (Have a type called Player, fields name/id/x/y/etc...) and assign him a new id, and send the info (including id) to all the other users on (but not to the one who connected just then), then have the clients update their position every so often (250-500 millisecs would do, which you will see delay if you have to clients up, but its better then the warping you'll receive and the possibly crashing of the server) and have the server send it out to everyone else (again, not to the person who sent it)

Hope that made sense, if you need help,msn at Leaedas_Treehopper@hotmail.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.