Original Post
Hello I am fairly new to programming, Meaning that the only real programming language I know to a decent extent is Python. I am thinking about taking a class on Java next year at my High School but I want to be able to know something about the language before I actually start the class. If for some reason I don't like It or it doesn't suit my needs I don't want to already be enrolled in a class. I already have a book and obviously a computer but I am wondering if there are any very good IDE's available. I saw the one on the forum faq (Netbeans) but I would also like to know of any others that I could use. I also have to state that I am broke so I can't pay for one at the moment. Ive seen microsoft's Visual J but I am not sure if it is the same language that I would be using in my book. The book is Introduction to programming using Java. Any help is appreciated.