Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

PIX showing wrong functions

Started by unexist Aug 28, 2008 at 9:58 PM 1 replies 900+ views
Original Post
unexist
unexist
Actually, they're not wrong.. I just don't want to see them. I am just doing a single frame capture on f12 and running the debug version of my program. Whenever I used to run PIX on my program the list of functions called included the beginpass / endpass calls for my shader and ignored all the sampler stuff done by the shader. I'm not sure what I changed but it no longer shows the begin / endpass functions or any of the shader functions for that matter. Instead it shows every single state block capture and restore along with all the setVertexShader, setPixelShader calls, setSamplerState etc.. etc.. If anybody has any idea of why it would make this change, please let me know. EDIT: None of the sprite calls (begin, end, etc..) show up either. What am I doing wrong? [Edited by - unexist on August 28, 2008 10:23:31 PM]
jollyjeffers
jollyjeffers
It's been a while since I did any debugging with PIX, but from memory it only hooked the D3D runtime and not D3DX. I don't know if that changed though.

If it is still the case then the calls you mention won't be hooked because they're all part of D3DX and not D3D (it is an important seperation to understand).

I always found D3DPERF_BeginEvent() and D3DPERF_EndEvent() to be far more useful anyway [smile]

hth
Jack
<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ |
unexist
unexist
Thanks for the reply :) Those functions helped out a lot. As far as PIX not hooking into d3dx, it seems that this is the case. However, I don't see why it decided to do that all of a sudden. Just two days ago it was showing me all the d3dx sprite and shader calls. I'm not sure what I changed to make it not do it anymore.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.