Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Occlusion Queries and Fullscreen

Started by RWThurman Dec 15, 2008 at 7:18 AM 1 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
RWThurman
RWThurman
Howdy, I'm having a problem with Occlusion Queries. When I'm in windowed mode, everything works great. However, when I'm in fullscreen mode, I get random crashes when I release these queries. Each object in the game has its own Occlusion Query. I've tried a few approaches such as finalizing the queries before releasing them, but I still get the crashes. One hacky solution is to keep a pool of occlusion queries so that I don't release them as much, but I still get occasional crashes. *makes vomit gesture* I created my device with the D3DCREATE_MULTITHREADED flag. Also, I'm using the October 2006 DirectX SDK so that I can keep support for 1.1 shaders. I'm using an NVidia 8800 and Windows XP.
Adam_42
Adam_42
Where does it crash? Posting the relevant section of code is probably a good idea.

Do the debug runtimes report any issues?

What happens if you never release any of them?

Does it work any better using the reference rasterizer?
XVincentX
XVincentX
I had the same problem: reset the swap chain before release objects.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.