Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Bluetooth Headset

Started by Ilici Jan 5, 2009 at 4:17 PM 1 replies 1k views
Original Post
Ilici
Ilici
I'm looking into buying a bluetooth headset, something like this. I have a bag in which I carry my cellphone and when driving, if I get a call it's quite annoying to try to get it out with one hand or wait for a stoplight. Moreover, I hate holding the phone while I'm at the wheel. So what I want is to keep my headset in the car, possibly charge it from the car's 12V plug, and when I get a call I can just put it on, press a button and talk. Is this possible? Would the headset automatically link up with the phone when i turn it on and the phone is near (and probably ringing)? I'd rather not spend 20 bucks on one if this wouldn't work.
Ilici
Ilici
So nobody's got one?
Gaiiden
Gaiiden
Yup, that'll work. It's what I do. I have one of those vent-hanging cell phone seats that holds the phone just to the right of my instrument dash so I can see the caller ID by leaning forward when it goes off. Then if I want to answer the call, I turn on my headset and it automatically connects to my phone (I have a RAZR) and then automatically picks up the call. If the headset is fresh off a charger though it will take longer to turn on (at least my $40 Motorola one does) so if I don't get to it right away I can still miss the call. Then when I hang up I just turn the headset back off again. You could leave it on the whole time you're driving but then you're auto-answering anyone who rings in.
Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.