Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

XNA3.1 Profiling tools

Started by _the_phantom_ Jun 13, 2009 at 8:51 PM 5 replies 2.3k views
Original Post
_the_phantom_
_the_phantom_
I've had a bit of a google about but tbh this is all a dark area to me so as I'm off to bed I figured I'd throw this out there; Anyone know of any code profiling tools which work with C# and XNA3.1 in perticular?
MJP
MJP
Haven't got into it much myself, but I know that nprof is pretty popular among the XNA crowd.
Promit
Promit
NProf's the only usable free tool out there.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
_the_phantom_
_the_phantom_
Cheers guys; I ended up picking up a trial of ANTS4, which while really nice is probably overkill at a few 100 quid to buy [grin]

I'll give NProf a look [smile]
Daerax
Daerax
For Free, I recommend EQATEC Profiler. It is faster, clearer and easier to use than nprof. not as granular so best in conjuction.

for pay dotTrace Profiler is nice.
adt7
adt7
Is there an installable version of Nprof for x64 systems available anywhere?

If not I guess I'll have to compile it myself.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.