Original Post
I've been reading some stuff on shared libraries on linux and the boost::interprocess library. I've been thinking that I'd like to have some sort of code that loads resources (bitmaps, fonts, etc) into it's memory space and that is able to share those resources with other programs. At first I thought on making a shared library that would load stuff in its own memory space and then other programs linking dynamically to it would be able to access that stuff, but obviously that didn't work. In the first try , the things I loaded from withing the shared library were only available to the program that called the function to load the stuff. I know boost::interprocess can handle this quite well, but I was wondering if there was some way to have a shared library loading things and all the programs linking to it being able to access that stuff. Wisdom is always welcome. tnx